Zest Books has teamed up with E. Kristin Anderson and Miranda Kenneally to publish an anthology based on their popular Dear Teen Me blog, and I am thrilled to announce that I will be one of the 70 YA authors included in the anthology!
Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen Selves will be released October 31, 2012 and covers a range of topics, including physical abuse, body issues, bullying, friendship, love, and enough insecurities to fill an auditorium as each author dissects critical moments from their own young lives. My letter “Losing Your Sight Shouldn’t Mean Losing Your Rights” discusses the struggles I went through as a teen dealing with macular degeneration.
The line-up of authors is so amazing, I cannot believe I am among them! Here’s the complete list:
1. E. Kristin Anderson—Want.Take. Have
2. Jessica Lee Anderson—Contents Under Pressure
3. Tom Angleberger—Shhhhhh!
4. Sean Beaudoin—Frame Meand Nail Me to the Wall
5. CharlesBenoit—Reinventing Me
6. Robin Benway—9 Things YouNeed to Know
7. Ilsa J. Bick—The Knife
8. Marke Bieschke—DanceDance Revolution
9. Joseph Bruchac—First Kiss. . .ish
10. Jessica Burkhart—TrustIs as Important as Love
11. Josh A. Cagan—Thank You,Oily Pizza
12. Riley Carney—Nothing’sImpossible
13. Tera Lynn Childs—TheFuture Isn’t Everything
14. Jessica Corra—ThePrincipal’s Office
15. Heather Davis—Raising Me
16. Daniel Ehrenhaft—GettingStood Up
17. Laura Ellen—Losing Your Sight Shouldn’tMean Losing Your Rights
18. Beth Fantaskey—I HopeYou Dance—to the Theme from Bonanza
19. Caridad Ferrer—Jekyll& Hyde
20. Michael Griffo—Be Honestwith Yourself
21. Janet Gurtler—The SkinnyGirl
22. Kersten Hamilton—It’sAbout to Get Worse
23. Bethany Hegedus—GoingAll the Way
24. Geoff Herbach—You Arethe Electric Boogaloo
25. Faith Erin Hicks—NoCalls from Spielberg Yet
26. Nancy Holder—When DanceWas Your World
27. K. A. Holt—Lois Lowryand the Space-Time Continuum vs. Boys
28. P. J. Hoover—SeepingThrough the Cracks
29. Ellen Hopkins—FindingYour Voice
30. Stacey Jay—Who NeedsLuck?
31. Carrie Jones—Seizures
32. Mike Jung—Regarding YourCommendable Decision to Live
33. Stasia Ward Kehoe—Getting Past the Fear
34. Tara Kelly—Bad Girl
35. Miranda Kenneally—PickUp the Phone and Call Him Back. Right. Now.
36. Stephanie Kuehnert—HeBroke More Than Your Heart
37. Mary Lindsey—Hope Untilthe Last Second
38. Nikki Loftin—TheRamifications of Mouthing Off to Cute Boys
39. Katherine Longshore—TheBest Days of Our Lives? Really?
40. Ken Lowery—Winging It
41. Kekla Magoon—TheBalancing Act
42. Mari Mancusi—What theBully Stole
43. Gretchen McNeil—All theWorld’s a Stage
44. Jodi Meadows—The Pursuitof (Moments of) Happiness
45. Saundra Mitchell—This IsNot Your Story
46. Hannah Moskowitz—GetBetter
47. Jenny Moss—What I ReallyWant
48. Sarah Ockler—Dancing withthe Dead
50. Stephanie Pellegrin—JustBe Yourself
51. Mitali Perkins—FirstKiss
52. Cheryl Rainfield—KeepHold of Your Strength
53. Dave Roman—SpecialDelivery from Your Excellent Future
54. Jess Rothenberg—StopObsessing, Kiss That Guy, and Party Like It’s 1999
55. Jennifer Rush—All RoadsLead Somewhere
56. Amy Kathleen Ryan—Smile!
57. Tom Ryan—Sing It Out
58. Leila Sales—I’m NotGoing to Give You Any Good Advice
59. Cynthia Leitich Smith—Friends in Dark Places
60. JessicaSpotswood—Finding Him
61. Erika Stalder—Boys,Boys, Boys…
62. Rhonda Stapleton—Chunky
63. Mariko Tamaki—KeepingQuiet
64. Don Tate—Stolen Jeans,Smoke Rings, and Self-Esteem
65. Melissa Walker—You’re SoRight But So Wrong
66. Tracy White—100% True,Guaranteed
67. Jo Whittemore—All Kindsof Sexy
68. Sara Zarr—What Is aFriend?
69. Jennifer Ziegler—FacingFacts: Makeovers Don’t Change a Thing
Isn’t that just an awesome line-up of authors? Can’t wait to read all those letters! Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen Selves is available now to pre-order through BAM! and Amazon.