Laura Ellen’s Top Ten Blog Posts
#1 5 Tips for the Apocalypse
As a 2012 debut YA author, I belong to the Apocalypsies – a group of YA and MG authors whose books are all coming out in 2012. As part of our bio on the website, we are all listing five things in relation to the Apocalypse such as the five books we’d want with us, five things to do before the End of Days, etc.
I thought I’d share my list with you all here. When you’re finished, please stop by the site and check out our bios and upcoming book descriptions!
There are two schools of thought on the End of Days. Some think the whole world’s rotation will go off-kilter and cause mass destruction. Others think a virus will sweep across the land, creating a Zombie Apocalypse. How do you prepare when you don’t know what’s coming?
Five Tips to Prepare for Any Apocalyptic Event:
1) Find a spaceship – A spaceship will get you off Earth no matter what. There are many eccentric people who have looked into this option; find one and start sucking up now!
2) Start Hoarding
– Whichever way it goes, you’ll need food. Skip the rice (no one on Survivor
ever fantasizes about rice). Get vats of peanut butter instead. It has lots of protein and can curb that sugar craving – it can probably be used as a glue in an emergency too, though you may want to consult some old MacGyver
reruns to verify that.
3) Take a Wilderness Survival class
(or watch the box set of Survivorman) – Even if you have hit Costco, at some point you’ll find yourself in a situation. Survivorman can show you which berries and fungi are poisonous (you don’t want to end up like Foxface in the Hunger Games
). Plus, you’ll learn how to drink your own urine. Bonus!
4) Start Working Out
– Not just running and lifting weights. Learn the fine art of shovel-wielding. You never know who you may need to fend off. A good guide for this is the movie Zombieland
5) Master the art of Zombie make-up
– If you find yourself suddenly posing as a Living Dead Girl, you’ll want to look the part. Suggestion? Consult Rob Zombie
. He’s the master!